One Bowl Banana Cake
February 5, 2011
So I have a problem…
And my problem is when I go to the grocery store, either my bf or I think we are craving bananas and buy them….only for me to find overripe bananas sitting in our fruit bowl a few days later… However, there happens to be a million things to do with overripe bananas, including super moist banana cake! :)
Sour cream is a common ingredient in baked goods to keep them moist. This cake uses only a few ingredients, and only one bowl <—I’m a big fan! I hate doing dishes! This cake only needs two bananas, and is to be made in a 9×9 baking dish. My boyfriend’s Mother gave me a beautiful metal silicone mini bundt pan for Christmas, so I just made it in that! This recipe also works well if doubled which would give you a 9×13.
Sour Cream Banana Cake
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 mashed super ripe bananas (about 1/3 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon <–mmm.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease your pan.
2. Cream together sugar, sour cream, and butter BY HAND with a wooden spoon.
3. Mix in the egg.
4. Stir in vanilla and mashed banana.
5. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined.
Pour/spoon mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Glaze –You could easily add some peanut butter to this glaze, who doesn’t love banana and pb??
PS This glaze is kind of thick, if you want yours more for drizzling, add more milk.
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1. On medium speed combine sour cream and cream cheese. Blend in the powdered sugar, a little at a time.
2. Stir in the milk, and if you want your glaze thinner, add more. Only add a little at a time, it is easier to continue adding than to take it out. ;)
Drizzle/spread glaze over cooled cake, slice, and enjoy!
After having way too many slices, I can honestly say that I loved this cake. A moist chewy cake, perfect with a glass of milk, or whatever milky substance you drink. :)
PS I just wanted to stop and thank everyone for all of your support with my blog! Thank you! :)